Saturday, February 11, 2006

What the fuck do you know about blues?

I'm not particularly fond of going around Downtown Seattle at midnight, but I am now kicking myself for not staying there longer tonight.

A random person walked up to me while I was waiting at the bus stop and started asking me if I played blues music (I had my guitar firmly attached to my back at the time, so it wasn't a wonder why they approached me about it.) I'm not even near that level at all, which I told him right away. He asked me what sort of music I even play on the guitar... which I had no clue of either, since I typically improvise.

He was telling me various things about music theory; various basic concepts like "relative minor" keys and dominant/subdominant keys were what he talked about mostly (bus came earlier than I wanted, so there wasn't much time to talk.)

I was about to pull out my guitar before my bus came exactly a second after. Dammit. The thought of staying for another thirty minutes crossed my mind, but I wanted to leave the old Downtown that I loathed staying in late at night.

I'm determined to find him in Downtown sometime this coming week and learn from him.

The thing he said to me right before the bus came was especially great: "blues scales? Do you know anything about blues scales? What the fuck do you know about blues anyway?"

Hahah, man... I really need to find him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home